Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My 5 sense!

I stole this cute picture from my friends blog!

My friend Angela who writes an Amazing Blog, you can find here http://meetthethomsons.blogspot.com/ , has challenged her readers to give five sense, things you've learned to keep your sanity in homemaking and motherhood, in hopes to win a blog header created by her.


I am not really looking for a header, although she is pretty talented!
I am however always looking for things to blog about and lately my well has been dry!


So here are my five sense worth:


1. Spirituality- Pray with your family in the morning , at dinner and before bed. It is hard to be mad at each other, hold a grudge, not think about each others hardships or not feel the spirit when you are praying together three times a day!


2. Cook for yourself- Cook things you like to eat not just what your kids and husband like. Your kids and husband will come around if you keep putting it on the table. For example I love Brussels sprouts. I am not going to stop eating them because Megan is the only other person, in my house, who likes them.


3. Let your husband help- with the laundry and kids even if he is bad at it! Husbands can't get better at laundry or kid tending if they never do it! I love it when people ask if my husband is babysitting. Husbands don't babysit they care for their children, it's their job too. ; )


4. Decorate your home with the things you love- don't worry about what others think. You live in your home it is your sanctuary. It should be a place you love to be. A place that invites the spirit, makes you feel safe and brings you peace from the outside world.


5. Learn new skills- like baking bread, sewing a quilt, try new recipes, paint a wall or all four! We can't find the things we are great at unless we are first willing to try them. My husband and I gutted and completely renovated our bathroom. We learned to make take out pizza at home. We have scraped, painted and refinished more surfaces then I care to mention. We can vegetables and fruits. We built a cupola for my husbands parents and this past Christmas we made more then half of our gifts. All these skills save us money, give us a sense of accomplishment and help us bond in ways we didn't expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment