Sunday, June 28, 2009

Rainy Seasons!


Since the end of school we've had a rainy season here in New England. The skies have been grey and misting or raining for the last 2-3 weeks, except for the occasional brief glimpse of sun. The weather forecast says to expect the same for the next ten days! People are grumpy, vacations have been spoiled and end of the school year activities have been postponed and even cancelled. New England is starting to feel like Old England!

I have to say I enjoy a good rainy day or two, on the bright side you can read your books, blog without feeling guilt and skip blowing out your hair. It's cost effective too! We haven't really run the air conditioner, who needs to water the plants and we push off going to the store because, "Who wants to get wet?", not me!

but.............Even for me this rain is getting to be, too much! People are starting to gather wood for an arc! My kids miss their friends, pools are over filled and the beaches are empty! Scurvy is almost upon us, We need our vitamin C. I miss my sun glasses that give the world a rosy glow!

So if your out there and you've read this.........

What do you do when the rainy day never ends?

Where do you find your rainbow?

And most importantly is there a Native American Dance to make the rain stop?

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. I'm starting to miss Arizona, where it only rains for one week during July for our "monsoon" season.

    I'm totally bummed. I want to go for a walk with Caleb SO.BAD. I miss taking pictures of our town. I'm pretty sure the "stop the rain" dance was developed by the Macarena tribe and is something like a backwards Electric Slide. You and your kids should try it.
    That would be fun to teach the kids some line dances inside though (although I can't see Chris getting into it).

    4th of July is going to be a bust this year. :(

    ReplyDelete